jeudi 11 septembre 2014

Get Messy || 12


Welcome to this week's Get Messy installment! You may recall, last week I mentionned I would be finishing my From Here to There album...and I did!

I got my inspiration from working on my Project Life album (see previous post). As I was trimming my pictures, I kept all of the interesting strips of photos. I glued down some handmade paper I got in Hong Kong to tone down the pink of the pages. Then I split my photo strips into two 'feelings' : urban vs beach.


I love this effect (I used it for my wedding invitations!). Just by looking at this page, I see Montreal, coffee shops, forest walks and drinks with friends.
 


And this one brings me to Gaspé, the seashore, going on the farm and BBQs with the family.
 

 
It's like a perfect recap of our summer, plus I got to reuse discarded photo strips for the win! I love it when one project blends into another like this.
 
For my last page, I wanted a bold conclusion, so I just reused the typographic technique I had put in this album previously (see Get Messy 02 - I think!).


I LOVE seeing these two albums and their pretty pages sticking out like this.
 


I also have a few pages from my Moleskine Art Journal to share.



I very rarely put quotes in art journal, but this one by Anaïs Nin really, really spoke to me.
 


I just followed the Muse with my paints.


 
A much more difficult subject matter.



 

 


Thanks for coming by!

**************
 
Get Messy is an art journal challenge where a gang of crafty vixens are sharing art journal pages we have created to practise our skills and push past our creative limits with hopes to inspire. We share our pages without restraint every week, and once a month we create around a prompt. Go check out these crazy talented ladies who are creating pages who each have a unique perspective and style. We will be sharing our work around social media so follow the hashtag #getmessyartjournal.

22 commentaires:

  1. So many beautiful pages! Your handlettering is always so cool and striking :)

    RépondreSupprimer
  2. Stunning. Absolutely stunning. Love the Nin quote page and the "video" page especially.

    RépondreSupprimer
    Réponses
    1. Yes, those two pages really called to me, like I HAD to get them down in my journal

      Supprimer
  3. Oh God your pages are so strong. The beheading one is chilling in its intensity.
    On a litter notes the photos strips one is genius. Love it.

    RépondreSupprimer
    Réponses
    1. Thank you! Sometimes I just have to get it out of my system. Things like what is happening in Irak/Syria etc get to me.

      Supprimer
  4. Wow your pages are amazing. I love how you kept your left over photo strips. I also love your pages about the beheading. So powerful and meaningful!!

    RépondreSupprimer
    Réponses
    1. Thanks Cody. Nothing wasted around here.

      Supprimer
  5. Oh wow, I love everything so much! Really enjoyed seeing your book all full like that too - having a book brimming with full pages is the best feeling! And I have the same Anais Nin quote in one of my art journals too - it's a great one. :)

    RépondreSupprimer
    Réponses
    1. I see a lot of Anaïs Nin quotes going around, but have never read anything by her ! I should get on that...

      Supprimer
  6. Woah. So much great work!! Seriously though. Woah. First of all, how awesome was Hong Kong? I went for the 2nd time earlier this year (I feel like we've been to many of the same places hah!) and fell in love all over again.

    And you know.. the Montreal connection continues to make me all warm and fuzzy inside haha Queebs unite!! I have yet to visit Gaspé though. I think I may bring the French Boyf out there next summer for a look around :)

    Those two books look like they're overflowing with awesome memories! Congrats on finishing up the project ^^ And your journal pages are so so so great too. I was at a flea market this weekend and picked up a book about all the big scientific discoveries since 1200, and it is SO interesting, so I'm definitely with you on delving into the scientific side of yourself.

    I really appreciate the Anais Nin quote too. So true! Follow what your gut tells you, or in this case your hair haha! Are you using acrylic paint by the way ?

    x

    RépondreSupprimer
    Réponses
    1. Ah, you've been to HK, how cool is that?! We lived there for four years and I loved it so. It reminded me of Montreal a lot (when compared to Gatineau where I have to live when we are in Canada since hubby works in Ottawa). The French BF would love Gaspé because it will remind him of La Bretagne (Brittany). Plus great seafood.

      I'm jealous of the fact that you can peruse the Parisian flea markets. What a great score that book must be! Thanks for taking a look. And yes, I used Golden acrylic paints :)

      Supprimer
  7. Those strip pages are amazing! Ive done one similar ones but never to show a specific idea or scene like that. I cant wait to try!!

    RépondreSupprimer
    Réponses
    1. it's a great way to use up scraps and I'm all for that!

      Supprimer
  8. Wow so much to look at! Really loving the font of the last page. :)

    Uncustomary Art.

    RépondreSupprimer
    Réponses
    1. Thanks Mary. I used a plain old letter stencil for that, I just made sure I traced all the letters in a messy way.

      Supprimer
  9. Beautiful pages Vanessa! Very deep and inspiring, thanks for sharing. xxx

    RépondreSupprimer
  10. wow, awesome pages. I truly love the first ones with the stripes. so good.

    RépondreSupprimer

Template designed by Rainy Day