jeudi 4 septembre 2014

Get Messy || 11


Hi all! Sharing more pages from my From Here to There album today for Get Messy. I definitely think that these are the last few pages from this album (only 3 left). I can feel the energy for this project waning.
 
Here is my first spread. Being completely engrossed in unpacking, it's quite simple.
 

I discovered a Michael's store close to my new place (oh joy!) and came across these Me and My Big Ideas stickers. They are just perfect!
 

The facing page is a Handbook page protector. I added the wood veneer to compliment the little flag on the previous page. Other than that, I didn't modify the cards.
 
 
The next pages have a similar color scheme. I tried to keep things muted which is a departure for me!
 

On the left, some quote cards and a house with the wood banner.
 

This is probably my favorite stamp ever.
 

On the right side, since I'm on a pie chart roll :)... I decided to use the Studio Calico stamp set I got recently. I just wanted to document some of the ups and downs of our move into this house, without the need to go into too much detail. That's why pie charts rock!
 

I really love using my scraps. Here I used a piece of patterned paper that I had already punched out hearts from. I love the layering with the vellum and pretty gold patterns from the other piece peeking through.
 
 
Just as I felt I was losing speed with this project, I had an idea and it came out pretty close to how I imagined it.


This was from some brush script pratice I did last week (you may have seen this on IG). I also shared a little tip for using leftover book covering plastic...

 
...just put some sequins under there!
 
 
For the right side, I wanted to showcase little things about making this house our home that make us happy. All of us, not just me. So I cut out some squares in happy, pretty paper and started embellishing.


Each square lifts up to reveal a tidbit or a story about what we love about being here.

 
I also embellished the underside of the squares, so this page was a stellar stashbuster! I put in one thing that each of us, including the kids, love about our new place.


 
Here they are, all lifted up.


And laying flat. I had a blast making this last page. At first, I was going to put a dashed line between the squares, but I think it may be busy enough as it is!

 
Thanks for looking. I'll be putting up my 30 Days of Lists pages this weekend.
 
**************
 
Get Messy is an art journal challenge where a gang of crafty vixens are sharing art journal pages we have created to practise our skills and push past our creative limits with hopes to inspire. We share our pages without restraint every week, and once a month we create around a prompt. Go check out these crazy talented ladies who are creating pages who each have a unique perspective and style. We will be sharing our work around social media so follow the hashtag #getmessyartjournal.

25 commentaires:

  1. Square lifts! Ah, I love it. That's so fun-- to make the book more interactive for you when you revisit those pages! Wonderful idea!

    RépondreSupprimer
    Réponses
    1. That was the plan, little glimpses of what makes us happy :)

      Supprimer
  2. as always I love your pages...they are GREAT...and my next project is copying your squares.. love it

    RépondreSupprimer
  3. Wow what a project! It's so wonderful and colorful I love it :) Also totally jealous of your brush script :o

    RépondreSupprimer
    Réponses
    1. oh thank you Eliza! My best advice for brush script is don't try to copy other people's writing, just go with yours and it flows a lot better!

      Supprimer
  4. I really really like your pages!! And I think I have to lift that idea of the last page with the flip up cards! :)

    RépondreSupprimer
    Réponses
    1. Thanks! I'd love to see what you make with the flip up cards!

      Supprimer
  5. Love your little lift up cards. Super creative idea. Also on the pie chart when the word un pakcing was just ..cking I was wondering what it would say!

    RépondreSupprimer
    Réponses
    1. omg, you crack me up! You must have thought I was really bold to write that one down LOL!

      Supprimer
  6. how awesome are those flip up cards?? I LOVE THAT!
    And the "we are made of stories" is a fave of mine as well.

    RépondreSupprimer
    Réponses
    1. Thanks Andrea, it really is a great way to use your stash!!!

      Supprimer
  7. Wow! I love your pages so much, especially the flip up cards and your color schemes. Amazing work! :)

    RépondreSupprimer
  8. Yes, love those flip up cards. So fun.
    Also really really love the colors and your choices of cards and embellishments on the first page. It came together so beautifully. Really draws me in.

    RépondreSupprimer
    Réponses
    1. Thank you Kara. The muted color scheme isn,t my usual palette, so it was nice to try something new.

      Supprimer
  9. I love so many things about these pages! And I can only imagine the joy of finding a craft store for the first time again!! Such a great idea with the flip-ups!

    RépondreSupprimer
    Réponses
    1. oh yes! the joy of a craft store means no more shipping fees! Yeeha! But, as you'll no doubt realise, washi tape is very plentyful in Asia! So maybe the shipping charges just got switched to different supplies...

      Supprimer
  10. girl your pages are all so pretty! Enjoyed reading this post! Plus I always like your IG feed! Well done! It's like eye candy for me !

    RépondreSupprimer
  11. These pages are beautiful! I love your style :) I really like the mute color palatte, and it came out so naturally even though it's different from what you usually do.
    I too love that SC "We are made of stories" stamp, but I haven't used it yet! I better get on that... :)

    RépondreSupprimer

Template designed by Rainy Day