jeudi 14 août 2014

Get Messy || 08

 
Welcome to this installment of Get Messy. I made these pages in my From Here to There album while we were still in Montreal. Right now, I am writing this in between big columns of boxes in our new house in Gatineau.
 

This first layout is all about coming home to familiar food. In Hong Kong, we were very lucky to discover the finesse of Chinese cuisine, but it's always nice to come back to some good old comfort food.
 

Also, eating out -and outside- is a big part of summer in the city. Montreal was teeming with different types of food venues offering varied menus. The ombré background page inspired me to make a second ombré collage with the vintage tickets I had on hand.


Books are a huge part of my life and have been since I was a child. I am very happy that they are a big part of my children's lives as well.


This summer, the kids have had to endure a 15-hour plane trip, two 10-hour road trips and countless evenings out while the adults catch up and hang out.
 

Books have therefore been life savers both for them and for us!
 

I also wanted to document story time before bed. My last week in Montreal, I was by myself as my husband was starting work in Gatineau. This page was made after I wanted to document the special bond that develops whan you're one-on-one with your kids.
 


The quiet time before bed when your children, still warm from their bath, lean on you to listen to their story is just pure magic.



As of next week, I'll be easing back into my routine. Our new desk is being delivered today and I look forward to setting up my studio. I am hoping to re-open my Etsy shop after a two month hiatus on Monday August 18th! I hope you'll check it out :)

**************

Get Messy is an art journal challenge where a gang of crafty vixens are sharing art journal pages we have created to practise our skills and push past our creative limits with hopes to inspire. We share our pages without restraint every week, and once a month we create around a prompt. Go check out these crazy talented ladies who are creating pages who each have a unique perspective and style. We will be sharing our work around social media so follow the hashtag #getmessyartjournal.

7 commentaires:

  1. I really like how these pages reflect the energy and varied activity of your life right now! They're a beautiful swirl of interesting things to look at. :)

    RépondreSupprimer
  2. I just love that last page. how fun to make a flip-up page.
    Oh and there might be something I like to buy from your shop.

    RépondreSupprimer
  3. Loved looking at your pages! Love the reading picture! What a sweet memory to have documented!

    RépondreSupprimer
  4. I love your pages. I can tell that reading is so important to your family. I can also tell that being home is magic.

    RépondreSupprimer
    Réponses
    1. Thanks Cody, you are definitely right about that :)

      Supprimer

Template designed by Rainy Day