mercredi 23 juillet 2014

Recent art journaling pages

Here are some recent pages in my Moleskine art journal. This is where most of my emotions run rampant. Where I confide my fears and worries. Where I can be bitchy if I want to and self-pitying too. It's one of my favorite places to be even when what I put in there is sad or hard or troubling. I always feel so much better after.
 


 
I have alluded to a recent friendship breakup. This has been gnawing away at me for the last few weeks (hence the emotional eating seen above heh heh). So I decided to help myself and take action instead of letting that person hurt me all the time. I redacted the writing because it is a little too personal.


But how incredible is this stitching? It's by an artist who embroiders these portraits. I found this image in the in-flight magazine and I regret not taking note of the artist's name.

 



Tomorrow I'll be sharing pages from my From Here to There album for Get Messy. In that journal, I document our wonderful summer and transition from Hong Kong to Canada. No darkness or angst in there, just love and light.

4 commentaires:

  1. interesting pages. you combine those different magazine clippings in such a great way!

    RépondreSupprimer
    Réponses
    1. Thank you Andrea. I usually add paint and ink, but my art supplies are still travelling for the moment. It has helped me to refocus on using certain supplies only. I do love to collage and play with paper.

      Supprimer
  2. i really like these! it's great that you're using your journal to work out your feelings.... it's reminded me that I used to do that all the time and I've neglected it lately. maybe it's time to pour myself out into the pages again.

    RépondreSupprimer
    Réponses
    1. Katie, you should definitely get back into it. Motherhood is something we share and my Moleskine art journals have held many a page about my insecurities, good calls, frustrations and disapointments about all of that! Plus I'm a huge fan of your journals.

      Supprimer

Template designed by Rainy Day