mercredi 9 juillet 2014

More pages from my Summer of Love journal

I am sharing more pages in my Summer of Love journal today. I'm having a lot of fun filling this is. I follow the prompts and find myself thinking of new pages or themes to add in. So far the spine of my book is holding up nicely.
 
This first technique was one where you use the text on the page. Instead of redacting the words, I just glued down various pieces of patterned papers and photos.
 
 
 On the left page, I put in bigger pieces including some great vintage style fabric. The sticker font is a summer-y one for me, it's from the October Afternoon Midway collection.


A closer look at the 'redacted' page.
 
 
From top to bottom
 
 


 This prompt was about our summer reading list. Here is mine.


 
These next pages are among my favorites so far. The prompt was : favorite summer memories. Because I have two very distinct sets of memories, I made a double page for this. I folded the middle page and added the paper clips with the little flags (they are from Studio Calico, hoarded for about a year).


This first side has to do with going to Old Orchard Beach in Maine every year with our parents and their friends. I put in loads of visual items that reminded me of that place. They have a nautical feel.
 

 
I wrote down some of my favorite memories and placed the paper under the paperclips.

 
The second set of memories has to do with me going to summer camp for a month every year.

 
In this case, the visula elements are more earth-toned and outdoorsy.
 
 
The memories for that are written and placed in the same way as the first set.

 
A quick page about summer eats! I love the burst of primary colors here.


 
A page about summer drinks! In my case, it's Aperol Spritz forever.


The next two spreads are inspired by my paper fodder. I decided to make a few 'this vs that' pages. The first one is pool vs beach. To tie the two spreads together, I used repeating elements like an Instax with my feet and words cut out from pictures.
 
 
 

The prompt was to choose your favorite summer month.
 

And finally, a page about your relationship with the sun. The sun in Asia is intense!

Which is why I highlighted this phrase!
 
 
For this page I used one of my favorite techniques : journaling on vellum. I like that I can still see the writing underneath.
 
 
My other go-to technique : writing directly on pictures or magazine pages.

 
So there you have it. I have to put away this journal as we are travelling in two days. My next pages will have been made on a different continent, yay! Tomorrow is Thursday and that means I'll have lots of Get Messy pages to share!!!

2 commentaires:

  1. Relly, I have to say, I love love love your pages so much.
    And you like Virginia Woolf. Another good thing :)

    RépondreSupprimer
    Réponses
    1. Oh thank you Andrea. I really appreciate you taking a look and commenting. Recently, I've been super curious about Virgina Woolf's sister Vanessa, I want to read more about her too...

      Supprimer

Template designed by Rainy Day