jeudi 31 juillet 2014

Get Messy || 06 and a prompt!

 

This is it : our forst prompt post. And it's a good one....You're invited to join the party!
 
 
This is my take on the prompt. As soon as I saw that great glittering net thing-y, I knew I could work it in to my prompt page. I love everything about the night sky (something I strongly missed in Hong Kong) and just brought all of these elements together on this page.
 
 
I cut the letters out of dark blue cardstock and put them on this lovely vellum from the Atlantic line by Studio Calico.
 
 
It got these beatiful stamps on a package from Japan. I knew I would use them someday.
 
 
How fun would this be?



This week was also very full in my From Here to There album. Here are my other pages. A visit to the farm:


Eating meat and vegetables from the farm is quite a tasty experience. Makes you think about additives and how they change the flavor of food.


That cow with the heart on its brow is my favorite. And the piglets tried to eat my toes!
 

A spread about my love and I and the partnership we share.


'Long days and pleasant nights' is from my favorite book series, The Dark Tower by Stephen King. I find it fits so well with the spirit of summer.
 

I am very grateful for my husband's support and his love.
 
 
A hommage to being outside, even if it's only on the porch.



I wanted the Mason jars be the common threads in the layouts.
 

After visiting so many aunts, uncles and family friends, I got to thinking about interiors. How they are set up, how they reflect the past or are very avant-garde. In this case, the past is very much alive in the places we visited.


I wanted this one to reflect the feel of these houses. Vintage. Muted.
 

Again with the Mason jars, this time with preserves, all lined-up in the pantry.
 

 Thanks for coming to my party! I hope you had a good time. Make sure you keep some energy to go visit all of the other parties happening this week!

**************

Get Messy is an art journal challenge where a gang of crafty vixens are sharing art journal pages we have created to practise our skills and push past our creative limits with hopes to inspire. We share our pages without restraint every week, and once a month we create around a prompt. Go check out these crazy talented ladies who are creating pages who each have a unique perspective and style. We will be sharing our work around social media so follow the hashtag #getmessyartjournal.

7 commentaires:

  1. my favourite of your ever. gorgeous. love the vintage ones.
    www.lilalovessand.blogspot.co.uk

    RépondreSupprimer
  2. Love this party idea! The pages have such a serene feeling.. a constellation naming party would be such a good time!

    RépondreSupprimer
  3. I cannot even handle how beautiful the party page is. I CAN'T.
    That glittery net thingy is made of my dreams. It goes perfectly with the blue and your handwriting and your cutwriting and the stars. I would have ruined it but you did its beauty such justice.

    Love that you've shared so many pages this week ♥

    RépondreSupprimer
    Réponses
    1. Thanks so much dear Caylee! I'm sure you would have done something great with it too. I had a blast cutting out those letters. I can't wait for the next prompt!

      Supprimer
  4. AHHH there are toooo many good pages here for me to comment on them all!! These are all sooo amazing and inspiring! And I really need to attend your party, Im terrible at constellations. I think your art journaling style is one of my absolute favorites!

    RépondreSupprimer

Template designed by Rainy Day