vendredi 27 juin 2014

Time to Get Messy || 01




I am very excited to join some very creative ladies and to participate in the Get Messy art journal challenge. I will be using this challenge to hold myself accountable for my From Here To There album, which showcase our transition from Hong Kong back to Canada. To see some of my previous pages from this album, please take a look at the From Here To There category in the menu on the right side of this page. You can also look at the Art Journal category to check out my usual style of art journaling which I do in a big Moleskine sketchbook. You will see lots of these pages pop up on my blog every Thursday.

I've constantly been inspired by these ladies and I'm honored to be featured among them and to contribute to the inspiration pool. Please take the time to check out their wonderful work.  

Here are my most recent pages:


Ah, there is something to be said about black white and pink, no?


This next spread is pretty intense.

I wanted my pages to reflect the hustle and bustle of Hong Kong at night. So I wrote down some of the details I want to remember in the background. In retrospect, I should have just used one color, probably the silver. But that is what art journaling is all about : trying things out and figuring out what you like. 'Causeway Bay Lights' is the title of the painting and it fits perfectly.
 


On the right is a page filled with little bits. This side has an urban/travel feel to it, with the maps and globes.
 

To contrast with the previous spread, I want this one to showcase a more country/vacation/simple pleasures feel. We are leaving a crazy busy city to go to a calmer, more laid back one. So I wanted this feeling to stand out.


Florals and kids and sequins and stars!
 

I was so happy when I saw that I had enough letters left in this great set to write out my phrase. I had to cut the 'h' to make an 'n', but it's all good!
 

 
Thank you so much for looking. Please don't be shy and leave me a comment!

**************

Get Messy is an art journal challenge where a gang of crafty vixens are sharing art journal pages we have created to practise our skills and push past our creative limits with hopes to inspire. We share our pages without restraint every week, and once a month we create around a prompt. Go check out these crazy talented ladies who are creating pages who each have a unique perspective and style. We will be sharing our work around social media so follow the hashtag #getmessyartjournal.

5 commentaires:

  1. Trés bien! J'aime les pages.
    Okay that's all in French. After more than 11 years of French in school nothing really stuck with me. Somehow it didn't make click :) But I do think it's a beautiful language.

    That nomad/wanderer page is amazing.

    RépondreSupprimer
  2. merci beaucoup Andrea! You did good. French is hard to learn and needs to be spoken not to be forgotten! Although in Switzerland, you should hear it in certain cities, no? Maybe you are more on the German side? My daughter's name is Lausanne and we visited last year, what a place! Thank you for looking.

    RépondreSupprimer
    Réponses
    1. Yes, I'm in the German part of Switzerland, so I only hear it when I travel to the French part, which actually only was once or twice. But we do plan to visit there more cities. It's a beautiful part of Switzerland.

      Supprimer
  3. This is so beautiful! Pink and black has my heart.

    RépondreSupprimer

Template designed by Rainy Day