mardi 17 juin 2014

Pages from my From Here to There album

Here are some of the pages I've been working on so far. I am LOVING this album and project.
 

Yesterday I received my June kit from Studio Calico, so I promptly added the three flairs that were included (the ampersand - bottom left, the city scape - bottom right and the 'here' just over the 'start'). They fit in nicely.
 

Because this album is all about leaving Hong Kong and returning to Canada, there will be many references to home.
 

I used part of a paper bag, a vintage house photo and two of my own images of Hong Kong.


The woman here is from the same paper bag as the map on the previous page. Yes, I am finally using hoarded products!
 

Developping the notion of 'going home'.


The background was made with washi tape. I then stamped this favorite quote by Thoreau and included a golden map.
 

Using up leftover 6 x 12 page protectors.


I love how the other pages peek through the pocket ones.
 

The neon tape says 'home is where you are' and home is 'where I am with you'
 
 
I went tonal for this page. I used the postal label to write all the places we will go when we leave Hong Kong. We'll be spending time with each of our families at both ends of the Quebec province before entering our new home in Gatineau.


Can I mention how much fun I had making this pie chart? A LOT!


Because the pie chart page is so busy I wanted to keep this one relatively simple. I used striped fabric sticker for the background, then layered the heart doily and the card.
 

At first, the pie chart looked like a flower, but once I added the stitching and cut it out, it was awesome. I used old photos I had laying around and leftover papers. I stamped You Are Here on vellum then cut it out and adhered it to the center.
 

Ah, the dreaded To Do list!
 

Funny how the more you cross-out, the more elements get added on...



I cut out the letters and glued on a piece of scrapbooking paper filled with different shaped ticket stubs.


The back part of the Get It Done paper on the left. On the right, I think I will list a bunch of wants and needs in the Atlantic ocean...
 

Using different style of alphas is a genius idea!
 

On the backside of the ocean paper, I want to write down what living in HK has taught me about me.
 

I loved embroidering this page. It was just the right paper for this sentiment. Love how it turned out.
 

To cover up the stitching on the next spread, I made a found papers collage.
 

The map page is from a magazine, there are scraps from calendar pages, journals, wallpaper, tissue paper, leftover collage pieces, washi tape, seals and tags.
 

On the right, I used a leftover page from one of the Handbook kits (I used this kit for my Siem Reap album). I used leftover Instax and small pictures to fill in the grid. Out of my stash and into this page! Little moments from our life here.
 

So this where I am so far. I still have ten days to do more prep work, after that most of my art supplies go in a container and cross the ocean! Thanks for looking.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Template designed by Rainy Day