jeudi 3 avril 2014

Awesome ladies project - Standing Here


Here is a quick run through of the project I'm working on for the Awesome Ladies Project. This project was put together by Kristin from Rukristin. You pledge 2 hours a month to create something that makes you feel like an awesome lady!
 
I decided to use the super cute Instagram album by We R Memory Keepers. I take a lot of shoe shots while I'm out and about. A lot of the time, they don't end up in my Project Life album. But I still wanted to do something with them. Because we are moving back to Canada from Hong Kong this summer, I've been documenting everything about HK. One of the biggest changes living here is that we live up in the clouds. Our appartment is on the 26th floor of a building which is also on a hill. This has left me feeling ungrounded many times. So I thought it would be great to use the shoe shots as a way to document these moments where I was 'grounded'.
 
I've gotten the base down, but there will be journaling added along the way. Here's a look at my album as it stands now. On the left, VOL are my initials so I thought this would make a great intro.
 

Also, Vanessa is a type of butterfly, so I like to include them as personal symbols.



The postcard on the right is by Emily Martin from The Black Apple.
 




What I love about this format (and the wonderful prints I bought through Origrami), is the fact that the 4 x 4 really lets the texture and visual language of your images speak. Here you have a picture of my wedding dress and of my ring.


I also like the 2 x 2 pockets to showcase details from pretty papers, but also - like in this page - wood veneer. I like that you can see the next picture through the page protector.


I adhered the veneer to the inside of the page protector. For the little stars and geotag, I glued them to a transparency sheet that I had cut down to 2 x 2.


I also like to feature vellum. In this case, this constellation vellum is one of my favorite papers ever, so it gets a whole pocket!



This is where I stopped off. I'll be sharing next month the progress I will have made in April. Thanks for looking and don't hesitate to ask any questions you may have.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Template designed by Rainy Day