mardi 29 avril 2014

Acrylic happy hour!

Last week I had the chance to participate in an evening of acrylic painting with a friend of mine. There are a few places like this in Hong Kong, where everything is set up for you, including paints, canvas and access to a teacher. You just need to show up and start painting! Here are a few pictures of the painting I made, which I call 'We are made of stars'.
 


 
This next one is blurry, but it's the only picture I took of the painting in the studio.

 
Here it is when I brought it home. I didn't like the mouth, I thought it was pouty and pinched. So I changed it.

 
In this last picture, you can see her mouth has a slight smile, which I really like. I also tweeked her eyes.

 
Although it is far from perfect I,m quite happy with how it turned out. I love to participate in this kind of exercice because it takes you out of your comfort zone and helps you experiment and stretch your ideas. I came back to my art journal with some new ideas and that is always a good thing!

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Template designed by Rainy Day