mercredi 19 mars 2014

Mourning Journal

If you follow me on IG, you know I recently lost my father. It's been quite a whirlwind period, as I live far from him and had to get everything together in a short time. I've had lots of help from so many kind people. Healing words and thoughts too. Before leaving to take care of his affairs, I used Peg and Awl's Anselm Bookbinding kit to make this journal.
 
I love it, 3 x 4, 40 pages, perfect pocket size. (That is not a picture of my father on the cover)
 

I decided to bring it along in South Africa where my father lived to use it as a mourning journal. Just a place for thoughts and things I want to remember, frustrations, sadness and laughs too. It has been so very helpful. I feel like I was able to turn something full of emotion into something pretty and meaningful for me. Here are a few pages.
 
*Some people may find it shocking that I'd want to share these but not me. I've found that the worse thing in life is lies and half truths and I want to live an authentic life. I like to share, it makes me feel happy to do so. I have received nothing but kindness and encouragement on this blog and on social media and I pull a lot of strength from that. That said, the more private pages I have kept for myself*
 
Under the Instax mini are the details of his passing.


This was my father's nickname. On the card on the right I sprayed some of his cologne.

 











On the right, not my father, but loved this picture so much.









Some tobacco from his cigarettes


A piece of one of his shirts.




There you have it. Lots of little fragments of paper from various sources used. if you have a specific question, don't hesitate to ask.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Template designed by Rainy Day