dimanche 23 mars 2014

Lists 19 and 20

List 19 is a good example of how I bust my stash for this project. That 'pinned' card is from Studio Calico's 2013 December Daily kit!
 

I grouped the pins into 3 categories (although I didn't write them down) : Make something, Sew something and Cook something!

 
For this list, I remembered being my daughter's age, which is 8. That was 1983 for me. This list reminded me of the 'what my past self would like about my present self' list in one of the earlier rounds.
 
 
That first one : 'everything took longer' includes getting your pictures developped, having to wait a whole week to find out what happens next on your favorite tv show, getting money from the bank, school days, etc. It also refers to the fact that when you're a kid, adult stuff seems sooooo long and drawn out, like waiting in line or waiting for supper.
 
For the second line, I remember that Star Trek was on at 11 am on Saturdays and Sundays. That was the show that marked the end of kids's programming on the weekends and that is how I watched it and became a lifelong fan.
 
Kickers were the cool shoes. Rainbow Brite and Strawberry Shortcake, My Little Poney and Jem, Care Bears and Keypers, Sweet secrets and He-Man; these are all toys from my childhood.


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Template designed by Rainy Day