vendredi 3 janvier 2014

Pages from my Tokyo Handbook

As I mentioned, I am using the Studio Calico Handbook that was part of the December Daily package for my Tokyo travel album. It was my first time using this format and I definitely enjoyed it. Here are some pages from my album.
 
 
The inside cover is a page from my 2013 Cities Calendar by Rifle Paper.
 
 
I used these inserts that I had in my stash. I used the thickers to write the names of all the different neighborhoods we visited.
 
 
 

 
When I could, I added ephemera and found papers picked up in the neighborhood in question, or on that day.
 
 
 
 

Shimokitazawa was definitely one of my favorite spots. It was hard to limit myself to a few pictures of this area.
 



I stuck all the business cards and advertisements from that day in the pocket and used washi tape to keep it all in the pocket.



Sometimes I let the pictures do the talking.
 



Other times, I write a lot down.
 



A close-up of the saké bottles under the 'today' cut-out.
 


Whenerver I couldn't bring myself to cutting a vertical image, I would slip it in sideways in a 4 x 6 pocket.
 







In the last pocket (not shown) I used an 8 x 6 page protector and slipped in some restaurant and store bills with Japanese characters and maps from each of the places we visited. I'm really glad it's done, mostly because I was so happy to revisit this trip. Now on the my regular Project Life. Time to finish 2013....

1 commentaire:

  1. This makes me ridiculously excited! Love your pages so much, i feel like I'm there.. and soon I will be! Ahh! <3

    RépondreSupprimer

Template designed by Rainy Day