After two hours in the softly boiling water, I took my booklet out. The kitchen smelled of tea!
First impression: the paper looks to be a uniform yellow brown color.
The moment of truth...unravelling. So exciting. Love the anticipation that built in me... Did it work? What made an impression and what didn't?
I squealed when I saw this! The hibiscus tea gave such a beautiful tint to the paper!
And when I removed the leaf:
Love all the details.
This leaf didn't leave any color or trace on the paper. But look at how pretty it looks with the sun shining through.
This is the impression from the big leaf on the cover.
I also used an earl grey tea pouch.
Again, these little leaves didn't leave an impression or color. I think it's because they were quite thick and sort of waxy.
But how lovely their shadows look on the paper!
I really dig the can lid impression.
The coin didn't leave an impression either.
So, in conclusion, I am so happy wih how this turned out. I love the organic feel of this booklet and I love the complete surprise of the final look of it. The next time I try this, I will make sure to use thinner leaves (maybe my sister can send me some eucalyptus leaves like India Flint uses). I will also make sure everything is super tight, that is where the impressions are more detailed. I would like to try chai tea and mint tea leaves. Maybe I'll try to sprinkle them and see how that turns out instead of leaving them in the pouch. The possibilities are endless and definitely call out to me.
The day after, the colors on the paper have muted a lot, but that is also part of the pages' stories. I'm going to be adding some stitching and botanical elements to this little booklet and will share it's progress here.