lundi 9 décembre 2013

Lists 5 and 6

I'm definitely enjoying using a big range of products from my stash in this project. Here are my lists 5 and 6:
 
 
 List 5, Traditions:

 
 
Actually, we have a lot of traditions that come from our childhoods and we also have new ones that we are implementing with our own children. This is a quick list of some of them.
 
 
List 6, On my reading list :
 

 


1. The Apple by Michel Faber: I just finished The Crimson Petal and the White. I loved all 850 pages of it. I didn't want it to end. The characters live on within me. The Apple is a collection of short stories featuring some of the caracters from Crimson, so I'm diving straight into this in the hopes of keeping Sugar, Sophie, Agnes and William with me a little longer.

2. The Meaning of Night by Michael Cox. Another book set in the teeming London streets of the Victorian era. I love a nice thick book that I can get completely lost in.

3. Birdsong by Sebastian Faulks. The only book not set in Victorian England, this book has been on my list for about 6 years. I've started it twice, only to put it aside for another. This time, I WILL get through it.

4. Charles Dickens, a life by Claire Tomalin. Ever since I read David Copperfield by Dickens and Drood by Dan Simmons, I have been fascinated by Dicken's life. I am not an avid biography reader, but for him, I'll gladly make an exception.

2 commentaires:

  1. You've got such an awesome list going yourself! I love me some Victorian London, so there's lots to add to my Goodreads! :D

    RépondreSupprimer
  2. Thanks Kristin! I'm curious about Goodreads, do you recommend it?

    RépondreSupprimer

Template designed by Rainy Day