samedi 28 décembre 2013

My Tokyo Travel Album


Yesterday, on Dec 27th, Christmas was officially over, our guest had gone back to Canada, we had nothing planned except getting a flu shot and the kids were on vacation and wanted nothing more than to chill out at home. So I busted out my Tokyo fodder and set up my windowsill to get going on my travel album!
 
 
I'm using the Studio Calico Handbook that came with the December Daily kit. Something about the embossed stars and the red spine said 'TOKYO!' to me :)
 
It's my first time using the Handbook to make a travel mini album. So far, after setting up about half of it, I have a few reservations...I find it difficult that there are no 4 x 6 vertical photo pockets, especially when I took a lot of city shots while I was there. Also, some of the page protectors pockets are little smaller than the 3 x 4 announced so there is some extra trimming involved. Finally, there are no horizontal 3 x 4 pockets either.
 
Aside from these elements - actually, they do force me to be more creative - I really like this format for a short trip with lots of pictures and lots of travel ephemera. I was going to use another Handbook for my Siem Reap trip, but now I'm re-thinking this option. Especially since the beauty of some of the temples warrant big, spacious photo spreads and there isn't all that much paper ephemera to add in. I might add my pictures to my regular 12 x 12 Project Life album instead. We'll see.
 
In the meantime, I had a total blast and can't wait to finish up and share my Tokyo trip here.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Template designed by Rainy Day