mercredi 23 octobre 2013

Experimenting

Two weeks ago, I saw some amazing photographs on Orly Avineri's facebook page. The pictures were from a workshop she took with India Flint. They floored me. I fell instantly in love with those wrapped packages. I needed to know more right away. After much scouring of the internet and some Q and A with Orly (who was kind enough to answer), I decided to give it a try. Actually, I had no choice. I've been litterally dreaming about this for the last couple of nights.
 
So I became a hunter-gatherer on my walk with my daughter.
 

I added two tea bags and some metal. I cut the watercolor page in two and then folded up the two parts, accordion style.
 

I layered all of the different elements in between the pages of the mini booklet. I cut one of the teabags, the other I left whole. I have no idea if this is good or not.



I enjoyed wrapping the leaves around the pages.
 

...folding-in botanical treasures.

 
I added the can lid because there was one in the pictures.

 
And then, I bound everything nice and tight.


I loved this process so much! I felt like a witch or an earth fairy. I felt connected. This project bloomed in me, moved something deep. No matter the result, I am grateful for this.
 

I love how the thread looks against the green leaf.
 



So once everything was tightly wrapped, I set some water to boil on the stove. Then I dropped my mini book into the softly simmering water. There it will stay for two hours.


I have absolutely no idea how this will turn out. Maybe everything will be a soft unified brown color. Maybe the leaves are not the right kind to add color to the paper. Maybe it isn't wrapped tightly enough. Or maybe it will be exactly as I envisionned it. That is the best part, not knowing, experimenting. I so wish that I could take a class with India Flint! It is definitely on my bucket list. Thank you Orly for giving me some clues. I am so excited to see how it will all turn out.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Template designed by Rainy Day