jeudi 5 septembre 2013

4. Favorite time...consumers

Today's prompt for 30 Days of Lists is 'Favorite time wasters consumers'. I changed it. I don't consider all the time I spend on the internet or elsewhere to be 'wasted'. That said, these activities do consume a lot of time. Hence the title change.




For today's list I used an instax photo that turned out too dark as the place to put my title. I simply wrote directly on the picture with my white Uni-ball Signo. I added an instagram tag, some inked wood veneers, including a hashtag and some vellum transparencies. I'm really enjoying layering and using my stash.

So, my favorite time consumers are :
- Instagram. My favorite of all. Love meeting new creative friends on there, love to look at my feed. My username is dansmoncrane. There is a link to my account on the right sidebar of this blog.

- Bloglovin'. I usually go through my blog list while drinking my coffee in the morning.

- Tumblr. I love it more than Pinterest. Here is my tumblr, where I post pictures that inspire me. I find Tumblr more edgy, although that may change now that Yahoo has acquired it.

- Reading a book. Definitely a good time consumer for me. I love a book in which I can get lost, which usually means fiction. I've only read 2 biographies so far : Frida Kahlo's and Charles Dicken's. Although I have a book about Francis Crozier that I can't wait to check out.

- Making a collage. When I have an hour or less to spare, I bust out my scissors and glue and make something.

- Perusing a magazine. This ends up as collage fodder. I usually buy Vogue, Elle, Love and Kinfolk. I have a subscription to Uppercase, which is my favorite magazine of all time.

-Checking out recipes. Whether it's on the internet or in my recipe books, it seems I always emerge like an hour later and usually I've bookmarked a bunch of recipes, but can't find anything to make for supper that evening.

-Facebook and Pinterest. FB is a daily activity because we are so far from home. This helps me to keep in touch with friends. Pinterest is a recent discovery. I like it, especially as a reminder to try certain things but visually I prefer my Tumblr. My Pinterest address is also on the right sidebar.

Hope that we can cross paths on the net. Don't hesitate to leave a comment here!

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Template designed by Rainy Day