mercredi 12 juin 2013

Mystic Jackalope series - the Gemini twins

Last Sunday, I woke up with an itch to paint. Lucky for me, my husband was willing to take care of the kids and let me have uninterrupted creating time. I set up on my usual window ledge. I wanted to do two paintings of my Mystic Jackalopes. I wanted them to be twins, one boy and one girl. I was painting on wood pieces for the very first time and I really liked it.
 
 
 
I started by prepping the wood panels with gesso and then gluing down paper ephemera for texure.


While that was drying, I chose my palette. I went with a combo that I love : a bright red, aqua and dark brown.



And then I was off! I used a leaf or fern stamp made in India that was given to me by a friend. I had the same colors for the backgrounds in both paintings, but not in the same places or not in the same size. I wanted them to be similar but different. This time, my Jackalopes have a beige color to them instead of white.



I even used my fingers for some of the background!

 The boy Jackalope.


The girl Jackalope.

Here the Jackalopes are looking quite dapper and slowly becoming 'mystic'.


In the end, I chose the Gemini symbol to put between their ears. I simply painted two different versions of that symbol.


 
And here they are, all done. I had a wonderful morning, teasing them out of my mind and unto the wood panels. I can't bear to part with them yet, but they are available as prints or iphone cases in my Society6 profile.


Check them out here : http://society6.com/VanessaOliverLloyd

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Template designed by Rainy Day