vendredi 12 avril 2013

Rehtaeh's story


I can't believe this happened. I can't believe this is still happening. I can't believe it happened in Canada. Rehtaeh Parsons' story is devastating to me. As a woman, as a mother, as a feminist, as a human being.

How can those involved live with themselves? How do you justify, not only not owning up to what you've done, but actually bragging about it? How dare you send her messages and share those pictures?

Shame on those boys. Shame on their parents! I would NEVER condone this kind of action. Shame on those who wrote to her and blamed her. Shame on their parents for not teaching them human kindness and empathy. I'm disgusted by their actions. Shame on the police who did nothing. Who the f*** cares who pushed the send button?! This is NOT what this story is about.

It's about rape, bullying, stalking and general 'Lord of the Flies' mob mentality.

I feel like I failed her and I didn't even know her.

http://thechronicleherald.ca/metro/1122345-who-failed-rehtaeh-parsons

This very moving text by Rehtaeh's mother.

http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/glen-canning/rehtaeh-parsons-was-my-daughter_b_3056888.html

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Template designed by Rainy Day